Sunday, August 26, 2012


       It's About Time - God's Time

 by Shauna V. Brown 

      Thirty three years ago Rick and I were attending a Saturday night adult session of stake conference. I was listening intently, but took a brief moment to look over at Rick. Tears were streaming down  his cheeks. I was listening to the speaker, but had evidently not been as touched as he was. He then leaned over and whispered “We’re having a baby boy.”  I was eight months pregnant at the time and was excited for the inspired revelation.  The following weeks were filled with preparing my mind for the coming little fellow, trying to think of boys names, as well washing all of the blue baby clothes stored since having Scott some five years prior.   
      So one can only imagine what a shocker it was to deliver a little blue, baby girl. Kristin, who finally came along after ten months. Her urgent arrival demanded a priesthood blessing.  We didn’t have much time to question --girl--boy? We were just grateful that she had arrived. But for a moment I wondered if heaven’s message had gotten mixed up? 
    Two baby girls later, one lengthy miscarriage, numerous priesthood blessings, and during Brittany’s ‘one in a million delivery’, I  found myself instructing two hesitating doctors, “Please, sew me up good ‘cause I’m going to have a baby boy.” Need I tell you that the look on their faces was unforgettable. Amazement - shock - disbelief - stunned, and watching two bobble headed doctors in motion best describe it.
     I believe when the Lord gives a prompted message it is wise to listen. So even if those doctors thought it was best that we didn’t have any more children, Rick and I both knew there was a greater plan and purpose. I am grateful that Rick and I wanted to invite children into our lives. The journey of being sick in bed for months with each, and then their difficult deliveries had it’s divine purposes and drew me closer to God. Briant’s story is personal scripture and trusted revelation.
     I know for a fact that some blessings take time. With all the difficulties with pregnancies it would have been easy to stop, even after Heather, our first. 
    So just as promised, six years latter our little boy--Briant (spelled with an “i” = single to the glory of God) finally arrived.  I smile upon reflection as I envision the picture in my mind.
 1) Rick, proud father standing by the bed holding new baby. 
2) Briant -just moments away from heaven
3)  Rick says aloud,  “Welcome, my little boy!”
    So today, twenty seven years latter-- Happy Birthday Briant!!
 Briant Allen Brown!  We are so thankful that the Lord let us know of your coming. You were well worth the wait, and you continue to be such a blessing to our family.   I guess one could say - you came into a home waiting with anticipated joy.   
      Young Motherhood-- I love this chapter of my life. I admit that there were ups and downs, peppered with  more downs than ups, and more ups when downs, and when the time came it was all worth it.
 
Life is a matter of trusting in the Lord, and being patient
 in His will and timing.   svb

  Which leads me to ponder upon events where our Heavenly Father knew that someday in the future he would be able to announced to the world, “This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased.” Matt 3:17   
     Imagine those chapters of preparation, pondering, planning, patience, priesthood blessings and example. A time when our Savior had been schooled, tutored, and had succeeded, and sacrificed enough  to accomplish the greatest of all challenges, and bring about the greatest of blessings for all mankind.
   It is within “God’s timing” that great events transpire. 

 Enough time and a tree grows to render shade.
 Enough time and one can form a chair. 
 Still growing and with time enough, one can build a house
 from that old tree.    svb
       
So what will be ‘enough’ to clarify our time and tutoring with God? 
        We often are so eager to reach the top of the mountain, that we miss the inspiring blooms planted along the rugged ridge.
        So for today. Ponder the purpose of patience and think it might just be part of God’s perfect plan. We all can participate in his 'finishing school' if we so choose.  Events and possibly this event at this very moment in time, this experience, will be counted ‘more than enough’ to us as a blessing to get us to the top and -- Home again.  

   Have a great sabbath!
Love to All

No comments:

Post a Comment