Sunday, August 26, 2012


Fill The World With Love

by Shauna V. Brown 

Last Friday evening Rick and I had the opportunity to go to the conference center in Salt Lake and watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, orchestra and guest artist, Katherine Jenkins perform.
    I must say the whole event was an outstanding treat. I was thrilled when I noted the choir would perform one of my favorite songs. It's from the motion picture; Good-bye Mr. Chips staring Peter O'Toole and Petulia Clark.  Just the words alone contain a message of worth. 
                                      Fill The World With Love
                          In the morning of my life I shall look to the sunrise.
At a moment in my life when the world is new.
And the blessing I shall ask is that God will grant me,
To be brave and strong and true, 
And to fill the world with love my whole life through.

(Chorus)
And to fill the world with love
And to fill the world with love
And to fill the world with love my whole life through

In the noontime of my life I shall look to the sunshine,
At a moment in my life when the sky is blue.
And the blessing I shall ask shall remain unchanging.
To be brave and strong and true,
And to fill the world with love my whole life through

(Chorus)
In the evening of my life I shall look to the sunset,
At a moment in my life when the night is due.
And the question I shall ask only I can answer.
Was I brave and strong and true?
Did I fill the world with love my whole life through?

     So,  it is my prayer that we use our time well. If we go by the lyrics  I am somewhere living in the "afternoon". That's a sobering thought isn't it? Just yesterday I asked myself how many more seasons of summer days will I be able to enjoy. When will my evening come? Perhaps I was taken there in my thoughts as I reviewed the news of friend receiving the medical prognosis that his days are limited. Oh, how much can one pack into the remaining days? 
Imagine,  someday we all shall look back upon this moment of earthly time and see how incredibly scripted it all was. Challenges come, peaceful moments come, highs and lows, humbling moments, and times for happy cheering.  Each moment is filled with a divine purpose. God is the master of our eternal plan.  A plan perfectly designed for each of us. Orchestrated in various ways in order to refine our souls for a greater purpose.   
      Today might we all ponder the part we are playing in order to enrich our lives, as well of those around us. Are we doing all that our loving Father in Heaven has sent us here to do?  I know there is so much more for me to accomplish.   I want to be brave and strong and true and do my part to spread love, truth, and sunshine where ever I may go. I sense that there will be future times ahead where I will need to be brave and true, as well as steadfast and immovable.

Enjoy your Sabbath Day

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment