Sunday, August 26, 2012


Easter-- Time to Rejoice!!

    The headline read: LDS Church to blitz YouTube, Facebook with messages of Jesus Christ on Easter weekend.
    I was excited to join in the blitz... and add my voice of testimony. It was sweet to see that many had added their feelings for their Savior, Jesus Christ.   [ mormon.org ] will lead you there - if interested.
    At a time in the world when so many are turning their backs to even the very thought that such a man as JESUS CHRIST has ever existed. How sad it must be for Jesus to realize that such an incredible sacrifice would someday be met with the description of “invention.” 
    So where do we stand--- you and I?   Where are our thoughts concerning Jesus Christ? Is He for real? Did He do what he is 
reported to have done--submitted to the will of the Father and paid the price for all--- so that we can live again?  
     I guess the thoughts of Easter are too close to my heart... as I have been preparing to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting today.         Everyone should pretend they are having to speak about Jesus Christ on Easter Sunday. There is nothing like research to regenerate a deeper devotion.  So I took a bit of time to write down those personal moments when I have felt His closeness in my life.  It has been a most precious experience.

     I wish the following melody could come forth as you read...a hymn I grew up singing as a child: I Stand All Amazed 
        I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me.
Confused at the grace that so fully he profers me.
I tremble to know that for ME he was cruicified,
That for me a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
Oh, it is wonderful - that he should care for me, 
enough to die for me.
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me   

     What a special, wonderful, blessing for me. I rejoice in life! I love my Heavenly Father, my brother Jesus Christ and all those who have sacrificed to give me purpose and worth.
      Part of my Easter talk was about my experience in giving birth to my first child, and the pain felt. I shared how I had nine months to study, contemplate the pain and prepare for the delivery. However, one can never truly prepare for the intensity of it.  
     Made me think: How long did Jesus  have to ponder and prepare for his Gethsemane?
    Here’s my personal quote of the day
:
“I was willing to give my all for one, 
but Jesus Christ  was willing to 
give His all -- for all.” sb 
I shared in part a dream that Elder Orson Whitney had of being in the Garden of Gethsemane and observing Jesus Christ.  If you haven’t read it, take a moment and locate it. It becomes very personal. [Elder Whitney... The Divinity of Jesus Christ, Improvement Era 1926 .  I’m sure you can google it as well.]
       
       Enjoy your Easter.... 
                          it was meant for each of us.

With Love,   Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment