Monday, March 25, 2013


Smile You’re Just a Click Away!  

by Shauna Brown  

            Recently I received a notice - from Facebook - that an old friend wanted me to accept her invitation of friendship.  I was tickled with the invite, as well as an instant mind review of sweet memories that her name conjured up. With a click of the computer key I was stepping into her world, looking at pieces of her life. I smiled as I scanned  the pictures. She had married, had children, taught school, loved cooking, drove a BMW, and was now enjoying time being a Grandmother. It was simple fun connecting with an old friend.  I was happy for her. 
             I find Facebook an interesting, while yet revealing place. I don’t spend much time there.On occasion I do a quick run and scroll through. Thankfully I have discovered births, marriages to be, funerals, birthdays, anniversaries and such. It also has revealed some thought provoking moments as well. I have observed some friends and family going through difficult times. 
        I know too well what it means to be tagged by someone with one of their most ‘beautiful, candid pictures’ . 
      “Hey!” I want to say - “Erase! Erase! Take that picture off.”  I don’t want to be remembered looking like that!”   Not only was it a bad hair day, the lighting was horrible, the wrinkles showed, it wasn’t my best side, and the more than plenty unwanted pounds were so visible.  But life happens, and it is what it is, in living, breathing color. No time for Photoshop. There is no pretending. With unknown clicks of phones and cameras today-- well, every move, every moment is clicking away.  So you just grin and live it! That’s my positive spin. 
            I wish to liken those Facebook reveals to the moment when we, each one of us will stand in heaven someday. When our time here on earth is finished. We are there for the big reveal and review of our life. However, there are no surprises, as we realize that by our personal choices - it is - what it is. No time for touchups, Photoshop changes, rewinding or quick repentant modifications. Our life choices, values, focus, are clearly evident. Interesting, God just stands by and listens. We realize that we are the judge for ourselves how we did.  We will giggle at some moments, and cry at other times. We will evaluate how we spent our time, how we used the talents given. How we loved, how we served, how we gave. It will be most evident as we observe how our trust, hope and faith in a Savior grew. Did we believe? Did we follow?  We will see those moments - upclose and very personal.  
         I believe we will also recall a tender moment when Jesus Christ held our face within his hands, ‘engraved us upon his palms’ and shed blood and tears for each of us.  
     He will look into our face as our eternal Facebook reveals the story of the choices and changes we willingly made.  Our wrinkles won’t matter. The color of our hair will be of little importance. He will see our best and beautiful side. The perfect lighting will only come from God.  
        I guess someday we all will ‘face’ the reality of how we used this life to prepare to meet God again.  

Change is like a bumper car of opportunity.  
~ Shauna Brown

Enjoy the ride this Sabbath Day
Love to all
<Bear hug.jpg>



--

No comments:

Post a Comment