Sunday, November 30, 2014


JOY

by Shauna Brown 

              
               Digging to the bottom of a plastic Christmas box I was excited to see them once again. Years ago I purchased three large letters - YJO.  When the letters are mixed up they don’t make sense, but when the letters are placed in the correct order=JOY, it can mean so much more.  Within minutes I had them placed them in a predominant location for all to see. JOY!  
       JOY!  I smile as a parade of thoughts march through my mind. What brings joy to me? Dancing in the kitchen with my sweetheart, peanut butter kisses, pigtails, crystal prisms, sunrises, praying children, peaches, sunsets, rainbows, daisies, giggling children, red patent leather shoes, pictures of my posterity, pom poms, star stickers, bumble bees, full tank of gas, yellow balloons, hugs, hankies to name just a few. Why, we even nick -named one of our daughters “BJ” meaning “Brings Joy.” She has lived up to that name foresure.  
           However, in case you think I have forgotten, and leading the parade, is Jesus Christ. He continues to bring JOY. 
        Last Sunday I spoke in church and started off by singing a hymn, one that Rick sings around our home on occasions. He learned it when he was a Methodist boy. It makes me smile when he bursts into singing it. I rejoice in the message of JOY that it brings to me, and those within our home, and those throughtout the world. 
        Oh! say, but I’m glad, I’m glad, 
        Oh! say, but I’m glad; 
        Jesus has come and my cup’s overrun; 
        Oh! say, but I’m glad. 
        Wonderful, marvelous things He brings, 
        Into a heart that’s sad; 
        Through darkest tunnels a soul can sing, 
        Oh! say, but I’m glad.  
         
                   My cup is full and bursting over with JOY because of Christ. He has come, and I rejoice.  
           In the scriptures Ammon shares his feelings of joy:  Alma 26: 11 
    “My JOY is full, yea, my heart is brim with JOY and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my god, for in his strength I can do all things..” 
                  ‘Brim with joy,’ ‘ for in His strenght I can do all things!’ 
          Let me stand and clearly testify that I love Jesus Christ, and I too have learned that nothing is impossible when it comes to turning one’s life over to him. My cup is over flowing with gratitude for Jesus Christ, my Heavenly Father and all that continues to pour into my life.  
                I was watching an interview of a talented violinist, Lindsey Stirling, LDSface2face, when she made a comment that touched my heart.   ‘Jesus Christ was rejected by his own. He is still rejected to this day.’ 
          Wow! When everyone of us should stand, shout praises that Jesus has come...bringing eternal joy and possibilities.  
        Have you checked your cup lately?  Is it full?  Brimming over?  You think it is empty? 
I say, “Look again!” 
               

“Man is that he might have JOY!”


EnJOY your Sabbath
Love Always,
Shauna 


No comments:

Post a Comment