Sunday, February 2, 2014





Seek
by Shauna Brown 



       Each night for the past week, I have been reading aloud a book by Sheri Dew, GOD WANTS A POWERFUL PEOPLE. If you’re like me, you certainly want to become what God has envisioned you to become.  I was inspired, as I read the words of President Spencer W. Kimball: 

     “The Almighty is with this people. We shall have all the revelations that we shall need if we will do our duty and keep the commandments of God. . . . If there be eyes to see, there will be visions to inspire. If there be ears to hear, there will be revelations to experience. If there be hearts which can understand, know this: that the exalting truths of Christ’s gospel will no longer be hidden and mysterious, and all earnest seekers may know God and his program” . 
    
        I want my heart to be ready to feel, eyes wide open to see revealed truths. I want to hear His voice. I want to draw down the powers from heaven. I want to become all that He needs me to be.  It is a comfort to know that God is very much aware of each individual’s needs. I don’t know how He does it, I only know He does.  
          In a time when the world seems plagued by corruption, sin, distrust, and distractions, I am further realizing the importance of three words from our 13th Article of Faith : -- We SEEK after.   ‘If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praise worthy , we seek after these things.” 
        Sadly, all of us, more frequently are needing to seek, search and find all that is good. Too often this necessitates a pushing against worldly ways, trends, and growing apathy.  There might even be times when we are called upon to stand for something. Many standards , by some voices are now deemed unimportant, useless, outdated, and obsolete. God may want us, need us, to raise our voices, which might even demand we stand alone.          
I love the blog site of Stephanie Nielsen. I am inspired and lifted by her and her young family. Burned in a horrific plane crash she has recognized her tragedy, as an opportunity to share her faith and beliefs of how to live a full and happy life. If you want a moment to SEEK the good, go to her blog.  [nie nie]. I am always enriched by partaking of her thoughts. If Stephanie’s  words are inspiring, then imagine if we listen, if we seek to center our lives upon God’s words--how might we feel?    
       Yes, for today, look around, seek all that is  GOOD, become the good, and might we all allow His loving light to distill upon us. 

        Enjoy your Sabbath 
        Love always, 
        Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment