Sunday, October 6, 2013


Breath Taking!


by Shauna Brown                  

    “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...  I could walk through my garden forever.”   
                     ~ Alfred Tennyson 

         Imagine for every thought one had for good, there would be endless gardens forever.  It comes as no surprise that walking through God’s gardens generates a sense of tranquility. Trees and flowers beckon one to acknowledge that God has planted loving messages within the branches. Tucked within the petals are divine feelings to penetrate the soul. No wonder a bouquet of flowers fill a room with energy, brightness and a renewed hope and trust, almost whispering that God is well aware.  

For a moment let me, with Alfred’s permission, rearrange his thought: 
      Come, walk through my gardens 
              for I have flowers and trees for you, 
           hand picked and planted. 
                      Listen, and you will feel of my grace. 
                Walk and smell of seasoned scents. 
                      Peace I sowed, for my thoughts are of you, 
                            and ever ready for your embrace. 
                          
       Last Tuesday, Rick and I decided to enjoy one of the  last days of Fall, surrounded by gardens of change. Almost, as if in a parting message we acknowledged God’s timing as leaves are drifting down to become a blanket.  I love the sounds of leaves crunching under my toes, kicking them into the air, as in bidding goodbye. I marvel at the vast and vibrant hues of the season. With camera in hand I gathered together my own bouquet of God’s thoughtfulness.                                
      Holding hands and walking slowly we felt further embraced and grounded by greatness. No wonder there are so many sacred groves and pathways flourishing, for we are ever in his thoughts.  Trees and shrubs reach heavenward inviting us to see above and beyond.  It was as if all things were in harmony, testifying, and proclaiming as God wrapped hues and scents of wondrous love around us. Oh, such masterful magnificence! It inspired my soul to understand that God has planted firs, oaks and elms to envelope our hearts to beat in tranquility. He has sprinkled dandelions, sunflowers and wild blossoms to encourage our beliefs. God's hope is that all will become fully rooted in His supportive and enduring love.  

      Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. Colossians 2:6-7 

        So walk in Him. I love that! Each day we are invited to thrill with the opportunity to walk, embrace of His goodness, and thrive in His excellence.  

        Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder  
          Consider all the worlds thy hands have made,  
          I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder  
          Thy power throughout the Universe displayed. 
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee, 
How great thou art!  How great thou art! 
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee, 
How great thou art!  How great thou art!”     
~  Carl Boberg 

Look around you - see all - feel all - hear all.   It is evident that God's merciful messages are ours for the taking- it can be - it is - breath taking!  

Enjoy your Sabbath 
Love to all 

No comments:

Post a Comment